The relationship between external and internal forces, the importance of the material laws, and the relationship between the distortions and the displacements are explained. This allows the normal and shear stresses of members and beams to be calculated, the deformations of members and beams to be determined, and cross-section design to be performed according to various criteria within the framework of engineering bending theory.
Structure of the course
The following topics will be covered:
- Stress state
- Distortion state
- Material law for isotropic, linear-elastic materials
- Elementary elastostatics of bars
- Differential equation of the bending line
- Shear stresses due to shear force
- Shear stresses due to torsion
Lecture material will be made available in the Moodle workroom BMSD-TM2.
The course is intended for students of the bachelor program Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering) in the 2nd semester.