The students should get an insight into techniques of today's (commercial and research-oriented) program development. For this purpose modern tools of software development are introduced and deepened independently in the exercises. In a homework exercise, a problem of numerical mechanics is to be implemented programmatically with the help of the presented tools. The results are to be documented in writing and presented in a concluding lecture.
- Workshop Modern Fortran
- Tool chain for the creation of executable programs
- Version management with Git
- Development environment Eclipse
- Debugging and optimization
- Program documentation
- Project management with Redmine
- Workshop High Performance Computing at the TU Dortmund
The lecture material will be made available in the Moodle workroom BMSD-SENM.
The course is intended for students of the Master's program in Civil Engineering, the programs in Mechanical Engineering, Technomathematics, Computational Mechanics as well as other comparable programs of the UAR universities.
The number of credit points that can be awarded depends on the workload of the individual study program.