The fundamentals of force equilibrium of planar and spatial beam systems are discussed. The corresponding internal forces for statically determined beam systems under different loading conditions are explained.
Friction phenomena are also discussed. Finally, the working principles for rigid systems are presented.
Structure of the course
The following topics will be covered:
- Central force systems, general force systems
- Internal forces for members
- Composite systems, frame systems, trusses
- Special structures (Gerber beams, three-hinged arches)
- Internal forces of spatial structures
- Friction (static friction, sliding friction, cable friction)
- Mechanical work (concept of work, principle of virtual work)
- Metric surface quantities (center of gravity, static moment, moment of inertia, principal axes)
- Accompanying material
- Lecture notes will be made available in the Moodle workroom BMSD-TM1.
Lecture notes will be made available in the Moodle workroom BMSD-TM1.
The course is intended for students of the bachelor program Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering) in the 1st semester.