The course teaches the use of commercial programs for structural mechanics. Several established software packages in structural engineering are discussed with regard to their possible applications with practice-oriented projects. A central goal is the safe handling as well as the critical questioning of the modeling and the simulation results. Advantages and disadvantages of simplified modeling and structural analysis on the overall model are compared.
- Practice-oriented structural modeling with commercial software
- Program philosophy of different suppliers
- Input structure and calculation modules
- Load case combination and further processing of internal forces
- Creation of a verifiable structural analysis
- Products of the companies D.I.E., RIB, Sofistik, Dlubal and mb AEC Software
Reprint of the lecture
The course is intended for 6th semester students of the Bachelor program Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering).