Enhanced Simulation with ANSYS
The course deals with higher-level processes of the finite element method as a tool for parameter studies and detailed component design. For this purpose, different levels of modeling are used to extend the modeling depth. Furthermore, the simulation tool ANSYS is also used for nonlinear calculations such as plasticity and equilibrium on the deformed system. The understanding of corresponding algorithms as well as nonlinear effects will be deepened.
- Nonlinear Finite Element Method
- Engineering with ANSYS
- Basics of nonlinear calculations with ANSYS
- Simulation of large deformation
- Simulation of forming processes with plastic material
- Advanced material models for concrete
- Simulation of contact problems
- Thermomechanical coupling
- Coupling of sub-meshes to the global FE mesh
Reprints of the lecture.
The course is intended for students of the master program Bauingenieurwesen (Civil Engineering) in the 3rd semester.