In this course the potential of FEM simulations in engineering is demonstrated. The participants practice the practical use of different ANSYS software products by means of concrete examples. This includes the use of typical materials and structural components of civil engineering. Furthermore, optimization tasks on components are performed using the parameterization function in ANSYS.
- CAD component modeling with SpaceClaim
- Real-time simulation with Discovery Live
- Application areas of the real-time simulation
- Structure and organization with ANSYS Workbench
- Engineering with ANSYS Mechanical
- Parameter studies with ANSYS
- Design exploration
- ANSYS on the HPC cluster of the TU Dortmund University
Reprint to the lecture
The course is aimed at students of the Master's programme in Civil Engineering in the 3rd semester.